Friday, September 30, 2011

Kiddy Krafts

I finally tried a homemade Gak/Slimy kinda thing recipe I saw on Pinterest that I have been dying to try :) < if you ain't on it, GET your tush on it!!!! >

It's sooooo EASY yet my boys are such hands on, they love love touching things. They love learning w their hands :)

Here's what u need:

- Borax: it's a powder all natural cleaning product that is used for many things! I got this huge box at Target for $3.24 in the laundry section :)
- Food Coloring whatever colors u want :) remember u can mix colors to make a color they don't have!
-Elmer's Glue. I wanted to try the clear one, but Target didn't have any & my kids were too anxious to head to another store. So I bought 5 glues at $.74 each!
-1 1/2 cup of water

Measure 1 teaspoon of borax in warm to hot water & mix & set aside

In a separate bowl, empty 1 whole glue container & mix 1 cup of warm to hot water. Mix until smooth.

Add desired food coloring

Pour your borax mix into the glue, water mix & stir & then Eventually you can use your hands :)

And there you have it :) empty the extra water & let you nice slimy gak sit dry :)))) lol the cool thing tho is, it's not slimy at all! If u let it sit for 5 minutes It forms & it's this stretchy gak thingy!!!!

And it literally kept my kids occupied ALL DAY!!!!!

And as you can see they LOVED it!

Thank You Pinterest for making me another happy customer :))))

Have Fun doing this with your Kiddies!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. CUTE!!!! We've totally done this before! We had to be extra careful though cause it can stain and stick to clothes/fabric. They sure had fun doin tho! I wish that borax came in a smaller pack though cause I still have the big old box I used to make it and it's enough for buckets full of slime! LOL LOVE LOVE the pics sister boo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol @ smaller box! At Target that was they're only size! Girl you're trippin! I use the borax w my laundry now :-)
    Omg.... Were not making them anymore bc Micah had put it all up in HIS HAIR!!!!!!! omg I was soooo close to cutting it!!!! I had to bathe him & I brush his hair while it was wet!!!! Lol NEVER AGAIN until I feel really sorry for them!!!!!

    ReplyDelete