Monday, September 12, 2011

Soccer Season is in Progress

Yay :) my boys both started their 2011 soccer season on Saturday!

Isaiah had his game first at 12 noon & Jonah had his at 1pm. Ideally in a perfect world, I wish they both played at the same park! BUT they don't :( Because they both play in different age groups, they have to. I've already looked at both their schedules, & we will have some games where they both start the same time, some will be an hour from each other, & some even hours apart which I'm dreading bc I'd rather have them both early Saturday mornings to get them out of the way.... But once again only in a PERFECT world :) but I shouldn't complain...Im just grateful they're in an active environment, making new memories & having fun :))))

Since I am Team Mom for both my boy's teams (never again! Lol I will just do one next year!) I was in charge of ordering the banner for both teams, set a snack schedule for both teams, help plan the end of the season party (which I haven't really looked into yet! Last game is Nov. 12 so we usually have on right after the game. I think I have plenty of time!) And come up with a coach & coach assistant gifts :) I have some cute ideas in mind, but I do want to check with the other parents since this a Team Gift from all of our lil players :)

Friday night I prepped Jonah's soccer snacks & their after the game snack for their hard-work :)


Jonah has a total of 8 players on his team. I forgot to picture their fresh cut oranges in 2 1 gallon ziploc bags for their half time snack :)

My Hubby took Isaiah to his game quarter til 12 so he cab set up the banner before the game started, while I was getting Jonah & Micah ready at home. We met them there at Bayside where Isaiah's games will be held. This is Isaiah's 3rd year playing so he was pretty excited to continue playing!

We were thrilled my Hubby's parents could join us & watch both games! They are always working so I totally felt appreciative of their presence. I know my kids were happy too to see them! Especially Isaiah, reminding them a week in advance to the whole house, "Remember guys, I play next Saturday at noon! Come watch me play then watch Jonah's game after!"

Because Jonah started at 1pm, we could only stay maybe 20-25 min so we can drive to his game at Los Prados Park. And plus the parking there is so sucky over there! So I wanted to go early!

Jonah was one of the starting 4 & I couldn't wait to see him play! OMG this lil boy was a quite a surprise! Jonah is actually great on the field!!!! He has excellent ball control & he actually goes IN there & kicks the ball & actually makes an effort! I was all smiles that game! Especially since my poor boys come from Non-Athletic parents or any sort of athleticism in our blood! Lol I think Jonah just might've broken that trait :) lol He got to play 2 quarters of the game. He along w another teammate also his cousin, Sione, made 2 goals for our Green Beans!!!

It was just the cutest thing to see him out there on the field & have a great time!

When My Hubby & Isaiah joined us at the second quarter, my Hubby said we (yes unfortunately the LOUD Tongan parents!) were extremely loud!!! We couldn't help it! Lol we were their cheerleaders :)))))

Looking forward to an awesome Season Team Red Bulldogs & Team Green Beans!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment