Saturday, September 3, 2011

Craft Night!!!!!

Last night I was so greatful to have had some free time with no kids!!!! So I was able to complete a craft I wanted to do uninterrupted :)

Thanks to my awesome sisters for letting them (the older 2) stay there since after school & eventually sleeping over after their showers :) I honestly don't know what I would I do w/o my sisters! Life would definately be boring & not the same that's for sure!!!

Once again I seen this tutorial online & I thought it was a perfect touch to any home! She actually made it for a bridal shower, which I originally wanted to do, but I thought I'd make one for myself to practice on or as a run through :)

Here's what I did :)

Here's what you'll need:

- any size frame, I wanted a frame that had texture & not a smooth border. So the bumpier it was I wanted it! I used 11 x 14 but I was specifically looking for an oval longer one, like in the tutorial, but no luck :( You can use an old frame that's lying around collecting dust :)
- spray paint in brown & a white primer
- wood glue
- a wood letter, I used the beginning of my last name. If you want you can do the first letter of your son/daughter if you want to make for their room, or a Bday present, etc
- 1 yard of burlap material youre not going to use all of this, I just bought extra for future craft stuff


Take the backing of your frame & measure how much burlap you will need. Leave an inch border so you can fold & staple on the back

It doesn't have to be perfect since it's the back & no one will see it! Lol

Ready to primer & spray paint my frame!

While your frame dries, paint or spray paint your letter

While that dries spray paint your frame w your desired color

When the frame & letter dries, put your frame together, glue your letter in the center & you're done!!!

I love the pop out of the letter this frame gives!

On the night stand next to my bed this shall go until we have our own place where I can hang in our living room or something. But for now it's in my room :)

Now I can't wait to make new ones for bridal showers or a baby showers but instead of burlap I will use fabric of my own choice & play w colors :) that's the beauty of crafts, it's limitless, it's personalized, fun & soooo cute in the end!

2 comments:

  1. How cute! Look at you blossoming into a DIY craft queen! LOVE IT sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lmbo oh honey, only bc it was a Level 1 super easy craft! Girl believe me, if it was stage 2 & above you're the first one I'm callin for help!!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete