Saturday, November 13, 2010

My Love, My Mentor, My Better Half, My Rock, My Everything, My ALL Happy Birthday to the Man beyond my DREAMS....








Maya Angelou once said, "Love is like a virus. It can happen to anybody at any time."

And that is exactly what happened with Leka & I :)

Today marks the 28th birthday of my husband, Hausia Sione Nemani Leka. I am absolutely honored & blessed to have him for the past 10yrs of my life & I look forward to an Eternity to spend with this crazy man of mine :)

I guess I wanted to share & reflect about my Bday Boy :) and share some great things that I love & admire about this man.

Well first off, even before I really got to "know" him, I instantly fell in love with his outgoing personality & his sweet charm that he carried with himself. He's just always been so genuine & kind to others. And always willing to make you smile & go out of his way to Better SERVE you!

Over the years, my Hubby has made a tremendous 360 degree change!!!! I mean, we ALL have a past. Growing up, his parents both had 2 full time working jobs. Which left one thing for theis average kid: FREEDOM. Being the young & curious boy teenager that he was, he found himself enjoying being in the company of a much older crowd of a bunch of knuckleheads that were up to no good. Soon enough, they each grew a strong brotherhood & before you know it, they all became inseperable. Young, old & in between, they all got into trouble from fights, shoot outs, DUI's & several other illegal/legal matters that really doesnt need to be repeated.

I once heard a great quote that stated, "It's not WHAT happens to you that matters, but HOW you handle it that matters most" and from this quote, you can either do 2 things! 1. You can look at it as a negative & 2. Look at it as a positive. Now ideally, being in my hubby's shoes, he had come from a negative past, ideally what he should is take the positive route right? But sometimes people don't. They are already doing the bad so why change?

Well I am happy to say after a bunch of trials & tribulation, he has made a DECISION to leave the past in the past & look for a positive. Or whatever else is out there. I am just soo glad he decided to join a business almost 5 years ago that focused on SELF IMPROVEMENT!!!! Now of course we are all not perfect & there is always room for self improvement, but this particular business is a Leadership Devlopment business that not only do you improve yourself, you're SERVING others!!!

And so through the years of being faithful & loyal to this business as a couple, we've gained sooo much from this journey. More so on a personal level & yet a relationship level. Not only between us, but everyone else we come in contact with & those who we continually see & love on a daily basis. Through our wonderful duplicatable system, we've read so many books & listened to so many audio CDs that helped develop our character, relationships & everything else in between. Because my Hubby was a hungry & eager student of the system, he has been mentored from those who already have fruit on the tree. Because he was humble enough to sit back & be led & taught by the 5% he has been one of the most humble, serving & phenomenal men I know out there that is willing to fight for what is right!!!

As we continue to learn more about our business, I have come to notice that my Hubby is doing EXACTLY what is taught to us. And through his everyday examples, he is secretly teaching me what I need to work on & what I should be doing & whatnot. I am blown away that through this business, he has come to devour books as though his life depended on it:) Its just such a wonderful & an "awe" moment when I see him reading his list of books that never end. Or to see his face light up when he is taught something new that he read from a book! It's just a sweet feeling I tell ya!!!! And to witness all these tiny steppingstones that he is going through to "better" himself, not only for himself, our friends & family, our business, but most importantly for our sons is truly PRICELESS!!! You sure cannot put a price tag on that one :)

I am just grateful beyond words that my HF made him just for ME!!!! I know in the near future to come, because of all the sacrifice & delayed gratification he has been practicing, he will be blessed in ten folds. He is gonna be one of the most inspiring Leaders out there that is gonna have a massive explosion! He def knew that in the beginning, it was gonna take a lot of handwork & persistence. But he already has a set vision & a dream to conquer. And he knows once he gets IT, it's gonna be that much SWEETER!!!!

Before I leave, I would love to end with one of my all-time favorite quotes: "Be Blessed & be a Blessing."
My Hubby sure is a blessing in my life. I wouldn't trade him for the WORLD!!!! We have a marriage that I hold deep in my heart. We are both far from perfect, however we strive to be better people, spouses, brothers & sisters, friends, children of God & business partners.
You can be a blessing to others in so many different ways. We strive daily to bless others in so many different ways. Whether it may be writing an encouraging note card to friend/family, sharing or volunteering your precious time doing service to others. I mean it can be the simplest things. In the end, its the thought that counts. People don't care what you know, until they know how much you care.
Anyhow, I hope I did some justice & shared a piece of my Hubby's heart with all of you. He's the true servant humble Husband that he was born to be. I am truly honored & speechless to call him my MINE !!! Now only if he can be baptized!! LOL...

Have a tremendous day & enjoy your week!!! Love you all x0x0





1 comment: