Saturday, November 6, 2010

My Cup is Overfull.... Another Year.... Older & Wiser....

Hello my Love :) I hope all is well with you my Deary!!!!! The last couple of days has been the most unforgettable yet rewarding days of my life! On Thursday I turned the big 25!!!!! I have been dreading this day to come & it's ACTUALLY HERE! So in my head I have been playing mind games with myself! I was like, Hummmm I wonder what or if my Honey will do anything for me this year? Of course being married to him for the past 4 years (5 in 2 wks!) he likes to do things BIG! He doesn't like to say or brag or talk about it.... He just DOES IT! He's always been that way when I met him... Not only can he 'talk the talk,' but he makes sure he 'walks the walk' & then some! So, since being spoiled by him for however long we've been together (almost 10 years! Hey.... Who's counting? LOL) I guess you can say I would LOVE to look forward to these kinda things just to see how creative or whatnot & see what he comes up with! But this time around, I literally was like not caring. I'm too old for all this stuff. And not even that, but my Honey just has this silent humbleness that speaks volumes. So that literally rubbed off on me big time! So literally, this yr for my Bday I just wanted to EAT! LOL...

So Wed night I put the kiddies to bed around 9-9:30pm & I found some time to read & catch up on some tasks I have been slacking off. Then before I hit the sack, I wanted to hurry & finish a book I was currently reading. And by this time Lex was on a conference call talking away & whatnot. I lost track of time & As I was approaching the ends of the chapter in my book, he hands me a white bag.... And I look @ the time & it's 5 min after midnight! Its my BDAY! Yay for me! Of course I was thrown off, totally unexpected. He kisses me on my lips & forehead & whispers " I Love You & Happy Birthday!" and mind you he's still on that call. So he walks away in the living room so I can enjoy my gift to myself. I reach out whats in the white see through bag & here comes a brand spanking new iPad!!!!! Is this guy really serious???? He's crazy! Where did he get the money for this? I don't deserve this... This is way too much money for me! Of course I was grateful no doubt. I ran to the living room. Hugged him like haven't seen him in ages. Kissed him all over his handsome face & I said Thank You & I Love You MORE! Then I spent the next 2 hours on this thing! LOL soooo addicting!

So later that day, we got to witness one of my 1st cousin's purposal! It was the SWEETEST thing everrrrrr! We were soooo Happy & ecstatic for her! We all felt like we were getting purposed too! The whole set up, scenery, storyline was perfect! And the best part of it all, she had NO IDEA! I would re-tell the story, but I will let the pictures do the talking! I will add pix tomorrow ;) Then I went home to meet Lex so we can head out to dinner. My Honey & I had made plans to have dinner @ Cleo's a Brazilian Steakhouse. As soon as I pull in to the house, my 2 youngest come running out "Mommy! Happy Birthday! Mommy, guess what, you have balloons in your room." LOL they were too cute! They ran outside & handed me my boquet of balloons & Isaiah handed me a dozen of a rare white & magenta roses. I walk in to be greeted by my Honey w a Bday card in hand. He knows Ima card kinda gal! I LOVE cards! Then I re-tell the story to him abt the engagement.Then they sang HB to me as my Honey was lighting my cupcake cake that had 21 candles & not 25! It was soo cute, my Micah pointed out,"Thats not a 5, it's a 1!" then we all started laughing! Then we ate some cupcakes & we were off! When we went there, there was NO one there! And to me that was a sign that maybe the restaurant sucked! LOL.... So being the boring self I am I opted to go to BJ's. As we were approaching closer, I wish I had said Bucca de Beppo instead! Their calamari is the best to me!!!! But I was too late & I couldn't make up my mind as usual! So we had a nice dinner still in shock about the whole engagement & whatnot. Then we ended the night there ;)

The next day I had planned to run some errands for my niece's bday party we're planning for. Then my Sister Tash calls me to see if I wanted to go out for my bday since we didn't get to really 'celebrate' yesterday. I really wasn't in the mood. I was looking' crazy. I just got back from Michaels. I was hungry & yet lazy for not eating anything yet. So I finally said OK. I was more in the mood after I did my hurrrr since I wasn't looking too bad nemore ;) Then we headed out to my Dad's house so Leka can weigh in. Then I caught a ride w Ane to BJs where the younger 4 were waiting. We all hadna simple dinner there. Talking from Bday planning to random everyday life. Then outta nowhere these sneaky gals pull out 2 Forever 21 bags & a Victoria Secret bag! Of course I was embarrassed, I felt guilty! But they pushed me to open it. So I thanked them & read my card anxiously. It was super cute! I got really cute clothing, jewelry & smell good things since I like to literally eat my body sprays! My sisters always tell me I overuse my body sprays but I can't help it;)

So tonight really put the icing on the cake for me as a closure to my bday! I am just soooo grateful that my HF has blessed my life in soooo many ways! And for allowing me to live & conquer another day as I please. Before I end I wanted to share a quote of "gratitude" bc that's the exact FEELING I have as I'm typing up here. This is an excerpt taken from the book I finished about a month ago.

"I have always found it ironic that the people in this world who have the most to be thankful for are often the least thankful, and somehow the people who have virtually nothing, many times live lives full of gratitude."

I didn't grow up with a silver spoon in my mouth, however I have the fondest yet BEST childhood memories ever! I am forever greatful I was raised the way I was so I am able to literally be thankful for all the small things I take for granted. This Bday was more on a emotional level if nething. Things are just things & can always be replaced or lost.

With that said I will end it Here so I can catch up on my beauty sleep! Pictures will come soon! Love u all & Sweeeet Dreams xoxo

3 comments:

  1. You're the hottest 25 year old! And that is not old hunnay...lol. Am I just trying to kid myself into thinking that I'm getting YOUNGER rather than older? Ugh!

    You DESERVE all of the good that comes your way hunnay! Everyone has to be shown a little love every once in a while right?

    And can you blog on the iPad? I have a hard time typing a whole lot on mine. It makes me want to go out and buy an apple keyboard! LOL Maybe I'm just too used to a regular keyboard to the touch screen on the ipad is too techy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMBO Ahn!!! You're toooo sweet!! But I really am still trippin how I'm 25 right now!!! But I know it'll dawn on me let's say in a couple of months :) I guess u can say I'm in DENIAL right abt now :)
    Thnx for ur sweet & enduring love Ahn!! Sooo greatful for that night & all the cute things I received for u sneaky gals! I don't deserve it one bit!!! But I am soooo very thankful u all spent ur millions on me :)
    And yes girl I did blog from my ipad!! The last entry I just did. It was super long but I had to do it!! Otherwise I wouldn't have.. I still needa add my Halloween posts up!! But I'm having a hard time rearranging photos & whatnot! Maybe u can help me when I explain it to u in person :)
    I soooo feel ya abt the wireless keyboard! I would rather get a wireless mouse if nething.... that way when I'm typing, copy & pasting its soooo much easier! Neways.... I will let u go before u know it I have written 2 pages :) Love ya Boo xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your man loves you so much! He loves to spoil you, it's darling.

    Happy Belated Birthday! You're only 25 years old, so young. I think I know what you might be feeling though, I kind of went through a "mid twenties," crisis, haha ;)

    Don't worry girl, you're flippin' gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete