Monday, November 22, 2010

7 Years to ETERNITY....

Today, November 22, marks the 7th year of my Loving Mother, Atili Fosepi Vea Unga, away from me.. And along with my younger siblings. Before I begin this entry, I would love to share a song with you that we sang at the morning of her burial service at church.

"Well its hard to say goodbye & let go.
And its hard to see it end.
When the memories we've just made may never happen again.
Well it's harder for time to ever erase.
The together times we share.
That when we're apart, remember, all the love we shared together.
And for all that love thank the Lord above who showed us, the way.
That, we can be together, forever some day.
We will be Together forever some day.... "

This song still brings the same emotions & tears as if we sang it 7 long years ago. I still can't believe I have lived this long without her!!! I never thought it would exist in my world.

It's crazy how life has its twists & turns that are out of your control you know? I still remember the exact late night when she passed away... It was the most un-realest feeling that any human can feel. To witness offhand, your Mother, who was my EVERYTHING, just slip away right before your eyes. I don't think I cried so hard in my life! I don't think I said her name so many times in one night. Calling & yelling her name in sooo much agonizing pain, as if I were to cry louder & harder, just maybe, maybe she willl hear me & come back to me... But No... it was HER time... Her time to go.. Her calling was finished here on Earth & I know my HF has a plan for her up there & I can't wait for our Grand Reunion when the time comes!

Wow....7 long years!!!! Is it really here? Yes... It is! I always wondered how life would be if she were still alive... Would I have still made the same decisions? I wonder how different or the same my life would be.... But.. Everything happens for a reason. I know myMoyher was needed, long before her time here with US. I may not understand or know now, but when that time comes, I know its pretty clear that she's supposed to be, where she's supposed to be. As sad as I may be, or that emptiness inside of me that will always be there, I know once I gain a better understanding of the Gospel, I will be relieved & happy shes where she is.

Before I end, I wanted to share a poem with you that my brother wrote.

"The pain of losing you Mom is only temporal.
Because the gospel teaches families are Eternal.
Your smile, your love & a simple hug
Are the things we miss since you've been called above.
Although God's plan may differ & it's hard to understand
But with faith in our Father we will meet again."

Finally after 6 long years of waiting, on June 4, 2010, my Mother finally received her headstone. Last year for my birthday, my Honey surprised me with a birthday dinner with all my close 1st cousins, sisters & best friends. I thought the dinner alone was the surprise...but before he left for the night, he hands me a folder. I anxiously opened it. If anything I was more curious then surprised... "what in the world could be in this folder that I want???" I opened the folder with excitement. I had no idea what all these papers were inside, but as soon as I read "Atili Unga paid in full" I automatically knew what it was!!!! Flustered with emotions, tears of joy & happiness, I hugged my man as if I wasn't going to see him again! Hugged him as tight as I could & I told him how much I loved him & thanked him from the bottom of my heart.
So 7 months of meticulously planning, we finally designed it after how many rough drafts & meetings with our counselor at Skylawn.


I learn to realize that each day is a gift. Let's make everyday count, for we never know what tomorrow may bring!!!

We Love & Miss You Mommy!!!! Like I always say in my prayers, I hope to see you in my dreams........

4 comments:

  1. so sweet. I know she is so proud of the mother you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww thnx Kristen!!! I Miss her so Dearly with every passing moment ;) Love u guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TEARS TEARS TEARS,MY 1 YEAR ISN'T COMPARED TO 7 BUT THE PAIN WE SHARE ARE THE SAME :( I LOVE YA AND THANK YOU FOR BEING SUCH A GREAT EXAMPLE OF ENDURANCE AND FAITH <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww thnx Boo!!! You're always way too nice & giving me all too much credit!!!! We both share the same pain & emptiness inside that well never see our parent again. But aren't we gratful for the Gospel :) And Plz, thank you for your Eternal Perspective on EVERYTHING!!! You're a true inspiration Sister!!! Love u & ur Fams Dearly xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete