Sunday, August 14, 2011

Scrapbooking Absence.....

I must say that I feel guilty that I don't have any current scrapbooks of my kids :(
My Mom made me one simple one that I still treasure as if it it's like the last thing I have in memory of her. It's literally just a simple brown rugged book, with ancient yellow pages, with old pictures of whatever she felt that was important to document at the time of well being. Yes that even includes the dozens of ear infection prescription medicine that's in there it seems like every other page!!! Lol and I wondered why my kids had it for so long like a cold or something! Beside every picture/artifact is a short handwritten explanatory of what it was & the date. No decorations, no stationary, no cute little doodles or any kind of craft substance. Just the book, pages, pictures & her writing. But that's not the point of course, the point is the thought of what was written at the time. The point is she took the time to do so to complete a book that I'll learn to appreciate when I'm much older. And man she's right!

I can't wait to start a scrapbook for each of my kids :) it doesn't have to be super crafty or overly decorated, but the simple fact is as long as you document the importance of every milestone you think is important at that time:)But don't get me wrong bc I enjoy doing crafty things! And I love stationary paper, stickers, pens, fonts & all that crazy weird stuff! Just because my Mom didn't decorate mine, it doesn't really matter. It's simply really just the thought in the end! But I think I want to have fun with mine when I do my boys :)

What sparked me to hurry & get on it was simply jotting down my kid's phrases!!!! They say the funniest hilarious-est things!!!! I want to hurry & write it before I forget! I'm never going to have them at this age so I need to hurry it up & get my tush movin on it :)


1 comment: