Monday, January 31, 2011

Rollerskating Back in Time :)

Dearest Dream,
I hope you're well. It's been a long time:) I wanted to write about our Family Day that we had the past Saturday with the kids & Leka's nieces & nephew.

The last weekend of January, we are going out of town on business to Columbus, Ohio. So I planned the Saturday before that we have a family outing. I knew it was going to be something small & simple, just as long as we were all together. Let's see, it was gonna be Chuck E. Cheese, Pump It Up or movies. But knowing my BOYS, they're total hands on & they have energy for days & days!!!!

As the weekend was creeping up, we were still undecided where to go!!! Then the morning of, I looked online to see if we had a roller rink near San Mateo. I didn't want to go ice skating bc it would be freezing inside!!!! Luckily I found one in Redwood City down the street from Chuck E. Cheese. I was really excited to go & we hadn't told our kids yet. Otherwise, they (or Isaiah at least) would be buggin' until the day we go!!!

  So Saturday finally came. I got up early to make the all girl class workout @ the boxing gym I go to at 10am. I went w my Sis Lani & my cousin Star. We had am Awesome workout! Then when I got home, my Hubby wanted to go to the Rugby game since it was in Matio. So, I suggested he take all the kids w him while I finish up the laundry & clean around the house. So they were gone for a good 2 hours & they returned with pizza for the kids to eat for a late lunch ;) I LOVE it when my HUBBY does things without me telling him!!! You gotta LOVE LAW OF ATTRACTION!!! I was meaning to call him to get the kids something to eat on their way back, but when they returned he had it covered ;)

 So we were still undecided whether to still go or not. That same Saturday, there was a WALK FOR LIFE going on in the city that all the Catholics were doing including Leka's church with his family & friends. I actually just found out that Thursday, but had I known earlier I would have gone. They were walking for against  abortion & help save a life. Great cause right? But that being so last minute & we had planned that certain Saturday with the kiddies. So I didn't join my Sis in Law & my Father in Law in the walk. My Hubby's 2 nieces & nephew were over, & we weren't sure to take them or not bc we weren't sure if they were sleeping over or not. So after an hour of waiting on whether to go or not, we decided we were gonna go to the Roller rink @ 6:30pm since that was the last time it was open to the public. The time slot was from 6:30pm -8:30pm. We loaded them up in the car all 8 of us & the kids we THRILLED when we told them we were going to rollerskating!!!

  We were like 15 mintes early & we couldn't go in since there was a private party going on. My kids were itching to go in & I told them we had to wait til all these cars leave so there's room for us inside. I was a little nervous for my kids since this was going to be their first time. But I knew they were gonna have fun reguardless! So we finally lined up & paid our way in. This roller rink is HUGE!!! When we you walk in, you  pass a snack bar to your left. Then you have the random 25 cent machines in the middle aisle & to your right against the wall. Then you pass up 2 birthday party rooms then there was the place to get your skates. They offered the roller skates & the rollerblades. But the roller blades were $1 more so we just opted to all of us skates so we didn't have to pay $11 extra. The music was AWESOME & eccentric from kid freindly Justun Bieber to Katy Perry's Hot & Cold. The music makes a huge difference!!! It's soooo LOUD & it echoes throughout the whole place! They had awesome lighting the hardwood floor & the walls to make it feel like you were rollerskating back in the day! It was SUPER FUN but yet I had a workout since there was only 2 adults & 3 kids under 4. So I was the go-to Gal when they wanted to roller skate.

   Its funny bc my Hubby used to work @ a Roladuim here in Matio when he was in middle school. He said they didn't get paid, however they did get some great perks for volunteering like free admission, free food & they were able to skate whenever they pleased. I can only imagine how fun it was for him & his friends back in the days! So, as soon as we got the kids their skates on, literally felt like forever since you had to tie & tightened each shoe for all the kids, they were free to go! Isaiah, Jeremiah & Vaasi were free to go. They went on their own & was having a blast! Skating in a circle dancing & singing to their favorite songs once they played it loud & clear. As for the other 3, they were stuck by the wall's side holding & skating as they went. Micah was funny. He was trying to run with the skates on & it was funny to see him lose his balance & fall, laugh like crazy & do it over agin time & time again. My Hubby swore he was all that & a bag of chips, skating & grooving to the music! He was sooo cute skating! It seemed like he was in middle school all over again! Jonah was my cautious one. He didn't want to skate by himslef, but he didn't want to be near the wall. So we did a couple rounds together holding hands. This kid was hecka trying to copy his Dad trying to do tricks & jump & land on his skates or whatever. He swore he knew what he was doing. And, I can't forget  our not so graceful fall we had thanks to HIM! We were half way through  doing a round where all of a sudden Jonah felt the urge he had to jump up again & land on his skates while holding my hand. Yeah, that didn't go all too well. I just remember skating so cute & graceful then I feel a tug then he falls & pulls my left arm & down we went together. Except when you fall when you skate, you're supposed to fall forward & not back on your butt. YEah, so he fell forward & I fell backward & OMG that HECKKKKA HURT!!!! I swear it was sooooo painful!!! Of course I got up & played it off as if it didn't hurt & went back to skating! I was sore  bc of that fall for the next 3 days! Soooo not cool!!!

    I wish I had taken pictures, but I was too occupied & I didn't wanna bring my bulky camera. I was afraid I was gonna break it if I fell or it was gonna get stolen if I left it by our stuff. But I went on their website & took some from the inside so you can get an idea of what it is. You should take your kids skating for a Family Activity! It's super funnn!!! To this day my kids still ask to go back!!!




 I am thinking of throwing one of my kid's next Bday party there. It's super cute & I know the kids will LOVE it!

Love Ya xoxo
 







1 comment:

  1. when my children are coordinated enough, i want to take them to a skating ring, I'm glad you guys had so much fun as a family. you're fun parents. blessed boys they are.

    ReplyDelete