Sunday, January 2, 2011

Nemani Photo Shoot With L Photography

My Dearest Dream,
       I hope all is well w u. I totally forgot to mention in my last post about my family's newest photo shoot. Well first off, my first cousin Maele, (more like a sister) is a professional photographer. She currently lives in Southern Cali. Every yr she plans a session up here in the Bay & we get to pick & choose our time slots. She's captured the precious images of my family since 2008. So this yr we were thrilled & anxious to go through her again. Her work is beautiful, timeless & unique! Were sooo blessed to have had her take our images once again!
The day after Thanksgiving was the set date she was coming. She had 2 locations listed, in the city or the water temple. I knew right off the bat I didn't wanna do the city. Driving in the car w my kids for a long period time can be a HIT or a MISS. And didn't wanna risk being Late. So I opted for the water temple right of highway 92. And it was much closer.
I have never been to Water Temple, but talking to my cousin Star, I was very thrilled & thankful I chose this place verse the city. I have always wanted to do the all white tops & denim bottoms or black top with denim bottom. Since Star told me that this place was very natural & nothing but trees, bushes & greens, I chose the white so we could be a pop with the environment. And I knew that our pictures would be just timeless. I guess that was the look I was going for. So I couldn't wait to hurry & take them!!! After e-mailing w L about my wardrobe idea, she wanted me to wear another color, since I was the only girl & I am the heart of the family. She suggested warm tones, beiges or even a peachy color. Of course I was hesitant cuz I hate sticking out, but eventually I saw her vision & what L was trying to portray.
Our appointment was set for @ 11am that Friday. I was sooo nervous that I was gonna oversleep since everyone knows I'm NOT a morning person. But thankfully my alarms (yes 2!) had me awake by 8:30am. My Hubby & my Nonah went to get hair cuts that am. So which left me w 2 to get ready. My hair takes the longest so I got that outta the way. I ironed the kids' white button ups & jeans the night before. So all I had to do was change them & fix Isaiahs hair. My Hubby & Jonah took forever, I guess the barbershop was super packed. As soon as they got home, we rushed outta the house @ 10:30am. On the way there, L said she'll be running late. So I was like perfect! I can finish getting the kids ready when we get to our final destination.
        As soon as she got there, her & her assistant (her Hubby) were walking to find a spot to start taking photos.  Here are the FINAL PHOTOS from the shoot. The weather turned out to be wonderful  to us! I went ahead & added some of her past work she's done for us over the 3 yr span :) I hope you enjoy them as much as I have!!!

2008



                                                                




                                                                  
2009










Here's our newest & my favoritest Holiday Cards I sent out this year. And the BEST part was L designed it herself!!! Yes! She Rocks!!! 



  I am currently waiting for L to send my disc full of our new 2010 pictures. The flicks she used are from the shoot! So until then, I will add them when they arrive in the mail! Have a wonderful Night xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I wanna see more of your pictures from this year!!!! I LOVED them! I hate how gorgeous you! Grrrr....LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh shush Ane!!! You're naturally gorgeous!!!! I need some work done before I leave the house!!! :) lucky bustard!!!!!

    ReplyDelete