Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Farewell Elder Mausa

Greetings my Love :)

     Tonight was a bitter sweet night in our household. While living the short time here in Union City, we gained 2 new friends, Elder Noorlander & Elder Mausa. They've come to our place at least once a week to check on us, teach us FHE on a Monday night, Teach Leka & I more about the Book of Mormon or just come to hang out to talk or have dinner with us! Obviously their goal is to baptize my Hubby, but they soon learned that wasn't gonna happen anytime soon, so we became great friends. And we were all fine with that, but they still added a scripture reference or ask me or Leka if there was anything they can do for us. Of course my answer was always the same, just a prayer for our family would be awesome ;)

So we just had a simple dinner here with dessert & we would always pack them food to take home whenever they came.Even if they refused. We just laughed, told stories, joked around w my Hubby about becoming LDS as always! LOL. Short & sweet. My kids even grew to like them. They even made letters & pictures for Elder Mausa to take with him.

  So Elder Mausa is from Tonga & has completed about a year of his mission already. He's a very quiet Elder but loves to tell jokes. Very soft spoken, but spoken from the heart. He's actually a convert from the Methodist church & is the only member in his family. He is going to move zones & serve in the the Pen 1st ward in Foster City ;) So he wanted to come by & have a last dinner with us & just talk & enjoy each other's company. That was nice of him to come out & spend some time with us! We know he'll be great serving the people in the Pen 1st ward ;) Elder Noorlander gains a new companion when Elder Mausa leaves. He would still like to continue to come over our house when our schedule permits :)

You already know I NEVER mind :) Work your magic Elders!!! LOL I'm kidding! I really should take lessons from them from dang self! LOL

I am truly grateful for these Elders & other missionaries out there. It takes great courage & strength & conviction to go out there & do what they do. I know we met them for a reason whether we know now or later. I believe HF puts people in our lives that we NEED verses what we WANT. I believe they are here for a reason. I hope to help them in any way, shape or form to fulfill that calling. Whether they convert my Hubby or not, teach myself to GAIN a better understanding of the church & my OWN testimony, whatever it is, I'm ready for it. I have to be. I owe it to myself & kids :)





THANK YOU ELDER MAUSA for all that you've done for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment