Thursday, February 23, 2012

Emotional Wreck.....

So today I JUST finalized all my kids papers with the transfers with their new school. After I left the district office, I was told to take the packets to their "temp" school since their neighborhood school was currently full since it was in the middle of the school year. So I was on a quest to find this school.

I finally found it very easily thanks to the map I was given. The school got out at 2:05pm & here I was cluelessly  driving into the school at 1:55pm  during the craziest times, which is pick up time! lol So I waited patiently trying to find a nearby parking. Of course that didn't work, so out the parking lot I went & just parked on the street.

I found my way to the office. I asked if I can meet with their new teachers. Score! They were still there! The lovely school secretary  handed me a post it w their names & the teacher names & room numbers.
First destination: Jonah Room 3 Teacher: Mrs. Kemp. I was greeted by a much older lady than I. Very friendly. I told her a little about my son. We talked for a brief couple minutes & I offered help if she ever needed anything. Next stop was Isaiah's teacher: Mrs. Pederson, room 25. I was greeted by a super smiley outgoing mid-aged woman. I immediately clicked with her. She actually used to live in San Mateo! Her Dad was into racing at the old Bay Meadows! Small world! She was giving me the run down on the schedule for different days, about the classroom & so forth. I immediately offered to volunteer on Thursdays to help fill the envelopes to go home w the kids.

As I'm talking to her about Isaiah, I can just FEEL the TEARS coming.... what the heck is wrong with me??? I think it was THEN that it finally HIT ME that they're gonna start ALL OVER again with making new friends, trying to get the hang of things. In my head I'm thinking, "what have I done? I have taken them away from everything!' I couldn't help but feel so GUILTY & excited, nervous  & all the above...
I'm trying to look away pretending to observe the classroom so I don't let the tears fall...

After we talk & exchanged emails, I made my way back to the car. It was then I felt it stronger... I was literally crying driving home. Trying to put myself in their shoes just thinking of the worst case scenarios that can happen. I make my way home, call my Hubby & again I'm CRYING A RIVER... of course he reassures me that everything is going to be ok. He tells me he's off very soon so he can hold me upon his return. I tell him I will do some laundry to get my mind off it. But no, I'm here typing... lol

I hope & pray that my kids won't be scarred from this transition. I was just thinking since we live on this side of the bay, we might as well transfer schools bc of the 20-30 min commute to & from school. I know everything will turn out just fine. I just need to get out of my San Mateo Bubble & just be open minded. I guess I'm just used to my kids having family at their school. But not this time. It's literally a fresh start!

I'm obviously completely dramatic about everything that has to do w my kids! LOL On the bright side, we do have our OWN place to call HOME.... I just need to buckle down & wear my "big girl" panties & just be excited for them! I can't wait for them to hurry up & adjust to this school already! LOL

OK....I will go & do some laundry now :) Thanks for listening! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment