Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Baby Blues.... or School....

Everyone around me is having babies :) It's such a sweet sight to see, the newest member of the family getting all the love & attention from their darling older siblings & of course their   Mommy & Daddy. 

It makes me kinda sorta wanna jump on this hype! But of course, I am definitely looking at this "idea" from  EVERY family member's perspective. Do I really wanna start back from square 1 back to sleepless nights, diapers & bottles? But I DO want MORE kids! My kids are WELL OLD enough & I will greatly have PLENTY of help due to their mature ages: 7, 5 & 4. I know. The gap is what is KILLING me!

If this baby comes soon, Micah & him/her will have a whopping 5 year gap! Holy smokes! It went from a 2 year gap to a 1 year gap then to greater than a  4....

I do however miss just having a baby around. All my babies will be in school full time this upcoming school year. So I think I am having withdrawals  from having no kids at home with me. But then again, I can remember myself saying back when my kids were young, 'I can't wait for my kids to be ALL in school so I can have some ME TIME!' But what exactly is ME TIME? Now that I type this up? I mean, schools aren't going anywhere. They just want your money. Jobs are always gonna be there. Volunteer maybe?

Eventually ALL my kids will grow up & leave me one day. By then, I guess THAT can be MY ME TIME... Time for myself to do some fun, educational learning, creating new hobbies ME time.

But why wait? I guess I can do some things part time now & still ENJOY my kids :) I just have a million ideas/thoughts that I still have to consider before I make the next big step. Whether I decide to hold off for another year on having kids, or dive in full head on to school part time to get the ball rolling.

We shall see. I just need to pray, fast & ponder on it I guess. But one thing I know for sure is, I am NOT getting any younger. So TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE.....

I just wish my Mom was here so she can help me in all   my weird/deep decisions as this. Who knows, maybe she would've offered to watch my newborn so I can still go to school so it's still a win/win situation LOL Oh geez I Miss her....It's always great to do wishful thinking when it comes to her, wishing she were here for many reasons..... But that of course is NEVER good enough... That just makes it harder.

I hope I don't sound selfish. Even though I feel like I kinda do. I just want to make sure everything will be ALL GOOD in the end of whatever decision I make.

4 comments:

  1. Me & mata are 5 yrs apart too... and I remember enjoying every single minute of being the "baby" till the rest came along! lol You're such a great mother. You're meant to have more children to share your love & talents with. And I can only imagine the boys adoring the baby! Go For It!! Plus, if its a boy... ur dad needs a name sake! LOL! Fekitah! (keepin the AH tradition! LMAAOO)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL he ALWAYS reminds me WHY I didn't name any of my boys after him!!! LOL I will have a Hati Jr & Moeata Jr before him!!! LOL Just kidding! And I'm like, hello, I am NOT a Daddy's Girl for more reasons than one! Maybe at one point part of my life I was when I was the only child. I guess I still have that lil' piece in me. I guess for me, because I have full control over the next pregnancy, I just wanna make sure it's not gonna be a financial strain on my poor Hubby! LOL I mean my 3 babies were all UNPLANNED & I couldn't imagine life w/o them. So for me to consider being preggo is a huge step w so many things to take into consideration especially since we moved now. But I can't wait to to have a baby bc he will have ALL my time, love & energy since his brothers will be in school full time ;) Thank you for your kind words & I appreciate your message! I Love You xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You radiate so much pure love, it'd only be fair if a sweet little baby could have you as a mommy.

    You're approaching the situation smart, thinking of finances, college and family. All things should be considered especially with prayer and fasting (like you mentioned).

    A couple of my pregnancies were unplanned and finances always worked out. Good things always come with little babies :) We always find a way to make things work, it's in our nature.

    President Monson said "always follow your feeling." Whatever decision you feel is right, then do it. That reoccurring feeling is the Spirit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw :) I swear Gen, you like literally always put the fattest smiles on my face w your responses!! I'm def doing a lot of soul searching bc of this decision :) TY for your awesome examples in all that you do <3 I will def keep u in the loop after I fast & pray & feel what I think is the best choice! I love you xo

    ReplyDelete